nplaw is a well-established public sector legal service with a wealth of experience gained through many years of advising local government, public bodies and charitable institutions. We act for clients throughout England and Wales and have specialist legal expertise in data protection and information management issues. We provide excellent value for money and deliver a high-quality, efficient legal service.
How can we help you?
Data protection should be an integral part of any organisation so that service-users can be confident that personal data is kept secure and shared only when appropriate. Compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 is essential and our specialist lawyers can guide you through the process.
We can help you with:
- Drafting or reviewing your information handling policies, procedures and notices
- Understanding how you should handle personal data (e.g. residents’, health, planning and employment data)
- Advising on the appropriate lawful basis you might rely on when processing data
- Revising contracts with data processors to ensure that they comply with the most recent legislation
- Dealing with the exercise of individual data rights including subject access requests, data porting, rectification and erasure.
- Data sharing with other organisations
- Freedom of Information requests
- Guidance in appointing a Data Protection Officer
If things go wrong, we can support you in assessing the implications of any data breach and dealing with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our lawyers are experienced in all aspects of local government law and have a good understanding of the data protection issues that you are likely to face. They help organisations large and small on a daily basis, offering advice and solutions to problems which can range from the simple to the complex.
For further information, please contact:
Mike Garwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01603 223389
Sarah Gibb at email@example.com or on 01603 223852