After 15 years as a specialist employment lawyer, Andrew Brett has experience of advising on almost every type of employment law issue, including:
- contracts and terms and conditions of employment;
- employment rights;
- discrimination (sex, race and disability);
- whistleblowing (or protected disclosure);
- working time and holiday disputes;
- salary and wage disputes;
- maternity rights;
- restrictive covenants;
- disciplinary and grievance hearings;
- termination of employment, including unfair dismissal and redundancy claims;
- ACAS negotiations and settlement agreements;
- transfers of undertakings and TUPE;
- trade union law and industrial action;
- Schools Issues.
Andrew has particular expertise in discrimination and whistleblowing cases, and has sat as a legal advisor to an NHS Trust’s Race Equality Commission.
Andrew is qualified to mediate all civil and commercial disputes and frequently mediates in workplace and employment disputes. He is a skilled advocate, and normally conducts his own advocacy at employment tribunals, which has the advantages for his clients of avoiding barristers’ costs and ensuring consistency of advice throughout a case.
Andrew also advises on human rights, pensions, local government law, data protection law, the Freedom of Information Act, special educational needs and Care Act issues.Back to Our People page >